Learn how to build Comprehensive Industry-ready End-to-End IOT systems.
The GuruAble Training Program is an intensive, 10-week online workshop designed by Narang N. Kishor for ambitious learners to grow into IoT engineering professionals.
- Goal: Enable students to grow into IoT engineering professionals
- Who will this help the most: Budding design engineers and firmware/software developers who are new to engineering IoT systems.
- Duration of online workshop: 10 weeks
- Mentor: Narang N. Kishor
Our Learning Model
How the GuruAble Training Program is Different
Following a competitive selection process, the GuruAble Training Program delivers a condensed learning experience through teamwork, personalized feedback, coaching, curated readings, and shipping one prime project in 10 weeks to take fast-tracked technical learners to the next level.
- Combining the mentor’s 40 years of professional experience in education, research, design, consulting, Hardcore Research & Design Development Experience
- Leveraging insights from several key positions held in various institutions (see profile below)
- The GuruAble Training Program is a workshop, and your time is spent creating, critiquing and leveling up
Once the program begins, students will be sent video tutorials every week to learn from. Later, there will be discussions around the tutorials done. During these discussions, students can get their questions answered and also brainstorm on potential project ideas.
G U R U
NARANG N. KISHOR
Technology Philanthropist, Innovation & Standardization Evangelist
- Kishor is currently leading the Smart Cities Standardization Globally as “Convener of Reference Architecture Work Group in IEC Systems Committee on Smart Cities” and Project Leader of IEC Standards – IEC TS 63188 ED1 – Smart Cities Reference Architecture Methodology & IEC 63205 ED1 – Smart Cities Reference Architecture; and also, as Co-editor of a few ISO Standards in ISO/IEC JTC1 Committees.
- At the National level, he is leading the Smart Cities Standardization work in ICT & Electrotechnology domains as the Chairman of LITD 28 – Sectional Committee on Smart Infrastructure at BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards), where the main focus is on Standards development for Unified & Secure ICT Architecture for Smart Cities/ Infrastructure.
- Professionally, Kishor is Technology Consultant, Mentor & Design Architect in Electrical, Electronics & ICT with over 40 years of professional experience in education, research, design and consulting. Over 30 years of hardcore Research and Design Development Experience in Solutions, Systems, Products, Hardware, Software & Firmware (Embedded Software) in fields of Industrial, Power, IT, Telecom, Medical, Energy and Environment, and over 10 years of Consultancy Experience to different segments of business & industry. He has over 200 Research & Design Mentees in the Electronics, ICT & STI Ecosystems. Professionally, he is an Electronics Design Engineer practicing design & development of a wide spectrum of Products, Systems & Solutions as an Independent Design House – NARNIX since 1981.
- Beyond designing & developing some of the most innovative systems & solutions, kishor has developed some complex IPs in Design Architectures in the Fields of High Frequency Power Electronics, Neutral Access Network Operation, Last Mile Communication, Smart Utility Management & Smart Infrastructure.
- For last 10 years, deeply involved in Standardization in the Electrical, Electronics, Communication and Information Technology Domains with focus on Identifying Gaps in Standards to address Interoperable Systems & Solutions Deployments and bring Harmonization by defining standardized interfaces to ensure End-to-End Interoperability.
- Currently, Kishor is developing a Comprehensive “5G inclusive ICT Architecture for Critical Infrastructure” and leading the 5G Application Layer Standards development in India.
This training program aims to provide a comprehensive insight and understanding of design implications of all the blocks, as well as layers of any end-to-end IoT system or solution.
The intended audience is complete spectrum of budding design engineers and firmware/software developers.
The program shall follow the system approach of design development, irrespective of the limited focus or specialization of each individual designer. This is because each design engineer or software developer must have thorough understanding of all other blocks, layers & interdependencies therein of the solution/system for which, they are developing a small block/component.
Skillset and domain background requirements for each profile of designer/developer for the IoT value chain shall be deliberated followed by design considerations for each component. It is intended to equip all the audience with comprehensive knowledge about the architectures, frameworks, key components, standards, technologies, protocols and system integration aspects of IoT system/solution design. The program shall also delve into IoT value chain, stakeholders, use cases along with challenges & hurdles in mass adoption of IoT paradigm in different aspects of the society.
The main objectives of this program is to strengthen, equip & enable the developer community in the IoT Ecosystem to deliver the ‘Value for Money’ to their respective stakeholders to ensure the proliferation and mass adoption of the IoT paradigm. To achieve this larger goal, the immediate focus shall be to strengthen them with system level understanding and approach while designing any single component or layer of the IoT framework.
The program shall deliver a unique yet all-encompassing understanding of the technological aspects of designing any and all kinds of IoT devices, products, systems, solutions,
The proposed program is intended for all the IoT startups, enthusiasts, evangelists, as well as the complete spectrum of design and development community of the IoT stakeholders. It shall be most relevant to all the budding design engineers and firmware/software developers in the IoT ecosystem. Even the techno-marketing professionals in the IoT business shall find this program of great value, as it shall provide vital insights into the IoT value chain, stakeholders, use cases, as well as, challenges in mass adoption and proliferation of IoT paradigm in different segments of society & business.
Most of the programs, special sessions or papers either cover very specific and limited topic within the vast paradigm of IoT, or vary high level and macro level technical or commercial aspects. Since, the Tutor/ Presenter is a design engineer, and having been designing, developing and deploying comprehensive solutions to meet the society’s or industry’s requirements since 1981, the approach and flow of the discussions and deliberations shall be practical and solution oriented that meet the expectations of the respective user/client. The presenter has been developing Course Curricula as well as teaching electronics system design courses in some of the most premier academic institutions in India.
Depending on the time slot allocated the program shall essentially cover the following:
• History, evolution and the changing perspective – From M2M to IoT…
• Disruptiveness and profoundness of the IoT
• New technologies to new applications in the IoT paradigm
• The stakeholders and Use cases of IoT…
• The impacts of IoT paradigm on the Society – Social, economical, institutional, infrastructural …
• The Value Chain of IoT Systems/ Solutions
• Fragmentation and pervasiveness of IoT paradigm
• Overview of IoT Frameworks and Architectures
• Key Components of IoT Solutions
• Design Considerations of IoT Devices, Products, Systems & Solutions.
• Interfaces & Interconnects amongst IoT blocks & Layers.
• Interdependence Matrix of IoT solution Components & Layers.
• End-to-End Signal Integrity
• Full Security along the Signal Path
• Energy Efficiency and Energy Harvesting Considerations
• Designing Ruggedness, Reliability and Resilience in IoT Systems
• Role of standards in IoT Paradigm
• Harmonization, Interoperability and Plug-n-Play Considerations and Implications
• Designing IoT Solutions for Consumer, Industrial & Enterprise Application – Similarities and Differences
• IoT in Smart Cities and Smart Infrastructure.
• IoT as an enabler for Smart Sustainable & Secure Communities & Planet.
Breakup of Topics
- In the first section, we cover the overview of m2m & IoT – from history, evolution to the changing perspective. Next, the expectations from, as well as the impact of the “IoT paradigm” on Social, Economical, Institutional and Infrastructural aspects of the Society and Community shall be deliberated.
- In the next section, Architectures & Frameworks of/for IoT Solutions, various classifications, use cases, and topologies shall be deliberated for setting the background for deep dive into the design aspects in later sections.
- The next section shall cover the Key components/blocks of IoT systems/solutions; interfaces & interconnects amongst IoT system blocks & layers; Interdependence Matrix of IoT solution Components & Layers etc.
- In this section, we shall delve into the Design Considerations of IoT Devices, Edge Nodes, Products, Systems & Solutions; End-to-End Signal Integrity; Hardware, Energy Efficiency and Energy Harvesting Considerations – 45 minutes.
- This section shall deep dive into the Communication Technologies & protocols; how to select the most suitable and optimized communication technology and protocol for any use case/application; Role of Standardization in IoT paradigm; Harmonization, Interoperability, and Plug-n-Play Considerations and Implications; shall also deliberate on how to achieve “Full Security along the Signal Path”.
- In the last section, we shall zoom back to the system approach in Designing IoT Solutions for Consumer, Industrial & Enterprise Application – Similarities and Differences; Designing Ruggedness, Reliability and Resilience in IoT Systems; challenges in designing IoT products, systems & solutions, skill sets & competencies needed.
- Knowledge: Students get 50% of their final score via their discussions
- Development: Students get 25% of their final score via contributing to the real-development of a real system-of-system.
- Innovation: Each student earns 25% of her/his total score, by making an individual design, for an innovative embedded control system-of-systems. This design is to be defended orally and individually to the lecturer, at the end of the semester; students are expected to make an appointment for this purpose themselves. The concrete topic of the innovation product can be chosen by each student. Creative suggestions are strongly encouraged. The design should contain Milestones, and corresponding SWOT analyses and benchmarks.
None, except class notes and assigned readings.
To the best of the Mentor’s knowledge, there are not yet textbooks or tutorials about the content, application and usefulness of these paradigms in the context of the ‘embedded system design’ that this course focuses on.
The goal is not to memorize or reproduce all this knowledge, but to understand the major concepts, and how they fit together in the innovative large-scale systems/products that each student will design. More important, however, is that each student learns to become a constructively critical and creative engineer: only far-reaching innovation will allow our Engineers to cater to the Local as well as Global needs.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be certified as GTP Alumni.
You are granted alumni status and gain access to our global alumni network, and alumni groups on social networks.
Reaching the Next-Level
Becoming a fast-growing professional engineer requires a shift in mindset, in decision-making, and, most of all, in upskilling.
Without guidance, this process can take years of trial-and-error. The GTP accelerates this personal and professional transformation by providing a deep view of leadership, engineering, and design.
Discover your own potential. Level up.
Our curriculum is
The GTP is for doers. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply.